Monday, August 10, 2009

OMG Radio Silence What?

So, I've made a resolution to myself: finish those things that I have started. I am starting to get there. I think it's all part of growing up.

I feel like I am in a weird spot; I am an adult, I have been out in the world for a while now, and I feel like I am just learning how to be an adult in the world. I am learning how to do the things that need to get done (albeit slowly, but I have a good reason for that, stay tuned and you'll find out), I am learning how to organize for me and my daily needs, and I am learning how to follow through.

I am following through right now.

The last blog post was back in November, actually the day before my 25th birthday. I had a great birthday. My husband and I went to our favorite antiques store (sadly, they are now closed, a victim of a poor location and a funky local economy) and we got a cute little reproduction table and mirror for our entryway, and we got our cat, Bagheera. I love Bagheera. He is a HUGE black cat, just like his namesake. He kiais when he jumps, he murrs at me when he has decided that I am taking up too much bed at 6 in the morning, and he is an excellent lap warmer.

A few weeks after my birthday, my wonderful husband and I found out that we were pregnant with our first baby. I am due any minute now, the official due date is September 2nd.

This whole pregnancy has been an ongoing lesson about following through, and I am coming up to the biggest follow-through of my whole life.

We may or may not see more of me here--this is the test of the "follow through lesson."

As for the knitting, yes I have been knitting. I have found that a ball of Sugar'n'Cream cotton, about 50-52 stitches over size 7 needles is the perfect amount of yarn for a washcloth/burprag/fuzzy for the diaper bag. The house is rotton with those right now.

No comments: